The MS-Excel is a spreadsheet application that enhances the preparation of financial records, mathematical computations, data analysis, forecasts and reports. It facilitates application of data for management decision making. The increasing complexities in operations and activities of organisations require further skills in the use of spreadsheet.
This workshop is designed to give advanced knowledge and skills in the MS-Excel module and in addressing complex data analysis.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- use the advanced features of Excel using Microsoft Office version 2013 and newer versions;
- use scenarios, goal seeks, pivot table for data analysis; and
- present the data in an effective way using dynamic charts, pivot charts, and dashboards.
- Use of Outlines and Subtotals;
- Working with Multiple Workbooks;
- Concept of Named Range and using them in formulas;
- Knowledge of advanced functions in excel such as vlookup, hlookup and if Conditional;
- Usage of Auditing Tools such as tracer, dependent and precedent arrows, error checking, evaluate formulae; MS-Excel Fundamentals
- Advanced data analysis techniques in excel (Scenario manager, goal seek, solver for multiple input and analysis, defining constraints in solver, custom views, pivot table and slicer, pivot charts);
- Performing financial calculations using Time Value of Money Formulae.
Accountants, Budget Officers, Marketing and sales Executives, Personnel and Administrative Officers, Financial Advisers, Office Managers, Airline Operators, M&E Officers, Computer Operators, Executive Officers