1) Examination Date
The examinations will be taken in March and September of each year. The registration for the March examinations closes on 28th February and registration for the September examination closes on 31st August. The examination will be opened only to students registered under the scheme. It will be in three parts. Each part shall consist of four papers. Candidates shall take one part at a time and in a sequential order (i.e. Part I, Part II, and Part III).
2) Credit and Referral System
Parts I & II
Candidates are to sit for all the four papers in parts I and II and will be credited with any paper passed. Credits will also be given for any of the outstanding papers as they are passed.
Candidates are to sit for all the four papers in this part and pass at least two subjects before credit can be given. Credits will be given for any of the remaining papers passed at any subsequent sitting. Candidates must pass all the subjects at that part of the examination within six consecutive diets i.e. three consecutive years; otherwise, all credits granted will be cancelled. Candidates are not allowed to combine two levels of the examinations.
To be eligible to write the ATSWA examination, a candidate must first register as a student.
APPROVED QUALIFICATIONS FOR REGISTRATION AS AN ATSWA STUDENT
- Five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics in the West African School Certificate Examination, General Certificate of Education or Senior Secondary Certificate Examination in not more than two sittings.
- Ordinary National Diploma of any Polytechnic recognized by the Council of the Institute.
- National Certificate of Education (NCE) from any College of Education.
- Any other relevant qualification approved by the Institute.
WHAT TO DO
Pay N6,000 (bank charges not included) professional examination registration fee on pay direct at any commercial bank in Nigeria
- Proceed with registration at the website address indicated on the pay direct receipt obtained at the bank after payment.
- Obtain a coloured passport photograph of yourself. Scan the passport photograph on the form.
- Print out a copy of the completed application form
- Append your signature on the printed application form.
- Get a chartered accountant/AAT member as your referee/sponsor.
- Provide his/her membership number, name and phone number on the form
- Take the printed copy of the completed application form and the photocopy of your credentials to your referee/sponsor for certification or endorsement.
- Attach the following:
- Photocopy of WASC/NECO certificate or computer printout/scratch pin voucher where you are using statement of result, OND, NCE & other
- Original copy of the pin voucher
- Two copies of certified passport photographs
- Three self-addressed envelopes with N50,00 stamp affixed on each of them.
- Photocopy of your birth certificate or sworn affidavit
- Original copy of the bank teller.
- Submit print our copy with attachment to students’ education & training department at our secretariat, 82, Murtala Mohammed way (opposite Denton police station) Ebute meta Lagos change of name will not be entertained after registration.
DATE LECTURES START
We offer tutorials for the below listed courses of the Accounting Technicians Scheme (ATS) Part I
1.1 Basic Accounting Processes & Systems
1.3 Business Law
1.4 Communication Skills
Lectures commence in May and end by August each year for the September Examination
Second diet lectures commence in November and end by February of the following year in readiness for that year’s March examinations