DATE OF EXAMINATION
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) holds examinations thrice a year in March, July, and in November.
To be eligible to write the ICAN examination, a candidate must first register as a student.
APPROVED QUALIFICATIONS FOR REGISTRATION AS A PROFESSIONAL STUDENT
In order to register as a student with the Institute, an applicant must hold a qualification not below University degree or its equivalent.
The Council has accepted the following qualifications for the purpose of entry requirements:
- The degree of any University or Higher National Diploma of any Polytechnic accredited by the Council.
- Any other qualification for the time being approved by the Council.
Approved meanwhile are:
- The final examination of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
- The final examination of the former Corporation of Secretaries.
- The final examination of the Association of International Accountants
- The final examination of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria
- The final examination of the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers
- The final examination of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria
- The final examination of the Association of Accounting Technicians, U.K.
- The final examination of the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN)
- Executive Management Accountancy (Federal Treasury Training School, Stage III)
- The final examination of Accounting Technicians Scheme, West Africa (ATSWA).
WHAT TO DO
- Pay 7000 (bank charges not included) professional examination registration fee on pay direct at any commercial bank in Nigeria
- Proceed with registration at the website address indicated on the pay direct receipt obtained at the bank after payment.
- Obtain a coloured passport photograph of yourself. Scan the passport photograph on the form.
- Print out a copy of the completed application form
- Append your signature
- Get a chartered accountant as your referee/sponsor.
- Provide his/her membership number, name and phone number.
- Take the printed copy of the completed application form and the photocopy of your credentials to your referee/sponsor for certification.
- Students using AAT result should pay N23,500 being the cost of induction/conference and attach the photocopy of the receipt to the form.
- Attach the following:
a) Original copy of the pin voucher
b) Two copies of certified passport photograph
c) Original copy of pay direct receipt.
If you are using transcript in place of NYSC, such transcript should be addressed to the Registrar/Chief Executive of the institute.
Change of address will not be entertained until after two years of registration.
DATE LECTURES START
Tutorials are offered for the below listed courses of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) Foundation level
A1. Business, Management and Finance (BMF)
A2. Financial Accounting (FA)
A3. Management Information (MI)
A4. Business Law (BL)
Lectures commence in December, April, and August for the March, July, and November examinations respectively.